Kitniyot Wrap-Up

Forgive me for hacking from the Esser Agoroth blog (that also references this site), but his collection of quotations from friends and neighbors was nice--and shows we're making progress:

Religious resident of Bet El B':
“I know so many Ashkenazim who eat kitniyot now. But, we're just not there yet.”
(In previous years, this same Jew was adamantly opposed to the idea.)

Religious resident of K'far Tapu'ah:
“I see the logic behind kitniyot being permissible during Pesah, and I will say so openly. But, I am choosing not to eat them for now.”

Religious woman of Iraqi decent in Jerusalem:
“There is no way I would consider marrying an Ashkenazi man,...unless he ate kiyniyot during Pesah,...then maybe I would consider it. What's Pesah without rice?”

Two friends at the beach:
“Hey, wait a minute! You're always talking about what a hard core Litvak you are. What are you doing eating tehina?”

“I eat kitniyos during Pesah.”

“Have you ever heard of Rav Bar-Hayim?”

“No, but I don't need a rabbi to tell me that the issur of eating kitniyos is stupid.”

Comments

Esser Agaroth said…
B"H

No apologies necessary. ;-)

Did you see my latest Passover post?

Popular posts from this blog

New Kitniyot Survey Reveals Big Changes in Approach to "Little Things"

Moshe But Not Yehoshua?

Good News for Chocolate Lovers!